Well, there’s a little green frog in my pond. He is so cute hanging in there using a lily stem. I love how the shape of the lilys have turned out – I used glue to help the curving stay in place. The stems were a bit challenging having to turn them inside out but they turned out so great. This is one of the Quilt Aid blocks and I think you can still get them – just look on the website www.quiltaid.com.au. You will also find examples of how to finish the quilts.
Wow I am loving doing this quilt. This is my first time of making bias bar stems. I know I haven’t finished it but just thought I had to share. I didn’t have a bias bar, so turn it into the right way I used a needle and thread. I think they turn out alright. I like how it blended in the with frog and give the view of the frog hanging on to a stem. I still have more to go on it. This desigh was created by Liz Stanway from Teddlywinks.