A belated Merry Christmas and a happy new year

I have been a little bit busy as have many other people I dare say.  Well, my sewing machine has arrived back but due to the high temperatures (around 37°C and 42°C) I haven’t used it yet.  The lovely people at the sewing machine centre told me it was a motor problem and it was replaced at no cost for me as the sewing machine was under warranty (a whole 5 years warranty!!!!).

Although I have not done any machine sewing, I have been doing some hand sewing.  I decided that I need to finish some items that I have, well lets just say it, put aside when something new came along.  I am currently up to block 4 of Berries and Birds by Gail Pan Designs.  I decided to do something different.  I have only done the applique blocks only with the intention of going back and complete each block completely.  By photocopying out the patterns and laminating them, I have quickly developed my templates allowing for easy tracing and cutting out.

WP_20131228_001 WP_20131225_004

I have also been doing a stitchery which is preprinted.  Its been a bit of a challenge due to the mistake in it.  I am trying to incorporate a way to hide the fault in it.  I think I have achieved it.  The quilt is called The Street by Smee Designs. What do you think so far???

WP_20131109_004WP_20131109_001

I am still doing Cornelian by Hugs ‘n’ Kisses and have already brought more material to make a second one.  The quilt that I keep in my work bag is called Christmas Magic by Gail Pan Designs and I am just completing the stitchery before I do the sewing up part.

Since my sewing machine is back, and I have a few days off, I have no excuse but to get my machine out and start finishing the baby quilts…

Well, I hope you all had a very happy Christmas and a Safe New Years….

Advertisements

Long time ago in Bethleham…

Well I think it was about July when I first say this block in Homespun.  I fell in love with it.  So I commenced at working out my background fabric and brought my cottons and stabilizer backing.  I traced the pattern every so carefully and started to stitch my first block.  Then to find the other fabric need to complete this quilt – all that worked so well together.  Each fortnight I waited for the next quilt – sometimes it didn’t come online when it should.  Cut the block, trace the pattern and iron the stabilizer on commence stitching.  In most cases I did have the blocks finished before the next one and there were some that I just cursed at with the thread not working my way.  But in the end, it came together with the binding now completed – it is now finished.  Thankyou very much Homespun and Natashia Curtin of Smee Designs for a wonderful quilt.  The only thing now is to do my label….Long Time Ago In Bethleham

 

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas

Hello everyone I hope you had a happy Christmas and New Year. I spent it with my children. I have almost finished Long Time Ago In Bethleham, had a little problem with finishing Twas the night before Christmas and am slowly catching up with Christmas in Italy and Fernhill which only means I have to get my act together. I am hoping to have Long Time Ago In Bethleham finished over the weekend. I hope you and yours had a wonder time and I’ll catch up again.

It’s starting to come together

Well, it is starting to come together quilt well.  The strips have been connected to the stitchery and I’m just about to cut out the next boarders.  I didn’t think it was going to be this big but as you can see it is.  I took this picture on my queens size bed and the quilt is 39 inches long!!  Well now to cut out the quilt boarders….

Long time ago in Bethleham

 

Now to put it together….

Now the stitchery has been finished it is time to sew it all together.  As I cut the blocks out, I did notice that some of the blocks couldn’t be cut to the size suggested due to stitches being cut so I made the blocks bigger.  I choose to use the star like color fabric for the boarder.  I need to cut out the yellow boarder then the smaller blocks then the teal starburst.  So I cut the boarders – only to find that I forgot to have purchased one lot of material which is to be cream floral.  While I was sewing this together, I ran out of cotton – have to finish it tomorrow.  Oh well that means I have an excuse to buy some more cotton and perhaps some fabric…

Ten down – two more to go

Finally finished, block ten is completed.  You know when doing all those sheep I kept falling asleep.  I am now 1 block behind and the next when is out tomorrow and will also tell me how to complete it.  At least I have all the fabric to complete this quilt.  Oh well I have better get catching up with those UFOs….

Long time ago in Bethleham