Well I think it was about July when I first say this block in Homespun. I fell in love with it. So I commenced at working out my background fabric and brought my cottons and stabilizer backing. I traced the pattern every so carefully and started to stitch my first block. Then to find the other fabric need to complete this quilt – all that worked so well together. Each fortnight I waited for the next quilt – sometimes it didn’t come online when it should. Cut the block, trace the pattern and iron the stabilizer on commence stitching. In most cases I did have the blocks finished before the next one and there were some that I just cursed at with the thread not working my way. But in the end, it came together with the binding now completed – it is now finished. Thankyou very much Homespun and Natashia Curtin of Smee Designs for a wonderful quilt. The only thing now is to do my label….
Hello everyone I hope you had a happy Christmas and New Year. I spent it with my children. I have almost finished Long Time Ago In Bethleham, had a little problem with finishing Twas the night before Christmas and am slowly catching up with Christmas in Italy and Fernhill which only means I have to get my act together. I am hoping to have Long Time Ago In Bethleham finished over the weekend. I hope you and yours had a wonder time and I’ll catch up again.
Well, it is starting to come together quilt well. The strips have been connected to the stitchery and I’m just about to cut out the next boarders. I didn’t think it was going to be this big but as you can see it is. I took this picture on my queens size bed and the quilt is 39 inches long!! Well now to cut out the quilt boarders….
Now the stitchery has been finished it is time to sew it all together. As I cut the blocks out, I did notice that some of the blocks couldn’t be cut to the size suggested due to stitches being cut so I made the blocks bigger. I choose to use the star like color fabric for the boarder. I need to cut out the yellow boarder then the smaller blocks then the teal starburst. So I cut the boarders – only to find that I forgot to have purchased one lot of material which is to be cream floral. While I was sewing this together, I ran out of cotton – have to finish it tomorrow. Oh well that means I have an excuse to buy some more cotton and perhaps some fabric…
Yeah I’m nearly finished – one my block then cutting out the fabric and I am finished. I love the way this quilt is coming along – very comically but still telling the story. Imagine talking chickens giving advice – it makes me smile.
Finally finished, block ten is completed. You know when doing all those sheep I kept falling asleep. I am now 1 block behind and the next when is out tomorrow and will also tell me how to complete it. At least I have all the fabric to complete this quilt. Oh well I have better get catching up with those UFOs….
Just think about it – an angel up in the sky with a strong spotlight shining done on earth and moving along to guide a group of people to a special event yet to occur but predicted in a land far away. I think it is cute. This is the ninth block in this serious and am starting to wish it would hurry up so I can have it finished before Christmas. I think there is about 3 more blocks to go and looking at the finished picture there would be some another big one to finish in about a two week period – oh the challenge. And I still have to finish my other quilts. Well I’ll just have to get my act together.