Well, there’s a little green frog in my pond. He is so cute hanging in there using a lily stem. I love how the shape of the lilys have turned out – I used glue to help the curving stay in place. The stems were a bit challenging having to turn them inside out but they turned out so great. This is one of the Quilt Aid blocks and I think you can still get them – just look on the website www.quiltaid.com.au. You will also find examples of how to finish the quilts.
Wow I am loving doing this quilt. This is my first time of making bias bar stems. I know I haven’t finished it but just thought I had to share. I didn’t have a bias bar, so turn it into the right way I used a needle and thread. I think they turn out alright. I like how it blended in the with frog and give the view of the frog hanging on to a stem. I still have more to go on it. This desigh was created by Liz Stanway from Teddlywinks.
Well I have just started to create block 9 in the Quilt Aid 2011 Whimsy and Wonder. It may seem strange for someone to start with block 9 but I think that this was my favourite at the time. This is the first time that I have made flying geese so here is my tail. The design was by Natalie Lymer of Cinderberry Stitches. The instructions were very simple and I think they turned out quiet well. I had to finished due to the iron board breaking as a use this to set my sewing machine on so now I have to buy a new ironing board which I have had for over twenty years. Oh well….