Well after finishing my last subject at uni I’m back doing my quilt. I’m very behind with this one. I also have some other projects to complete but it has made it a challenge to get some of them finished while balancing other commitments. But you know the feeling – start a project and see another project and then start it. I’m trying hard to get my projects finished. I love this sampler but didn’t realise how much thread I have had to use. Gee I hope I don’t have to buy anymore. Well this only means back on to the next block and try not to be tempted to start another.
My youngest child had been nagging me to start her a quilt. So as is the way she pulled out my GOOD sewing machine and commenced making her own quilt. I only had to thread the machine and talk her through some of the problems. She completed this quilt using the range Tickerlish which she was very happy with. We’ve started to doing the backing – my job was to cut the fabric. We created a number of 6 1/2 inch squares which she sewed together and she has almost finished it. Next the binding (I’ll have to cut that again and stitch it up) and then its finished.
So then son asked about his quilt. As a started to stitch I felt it would take forever. It took me over 1 1/2 hours just to do two rows!!!! I don’t know the name of this range but it only had 4 fabric so we repeated through out. Turned out to be cover my entire Queen size bed.
Now my other daughter was one – I have to look for the range Sakura Park….never ending story.
Well a few months ago I came across this quilt. I fell in love with it, so I ordered the material which I have just got and started on the first block. I love the fabric range – with most of it being French General which has a lovely range of colors. The only problem is that it is very popular and if not snapped up quickly – it can be gone. This quilt tends to use a variety of the French General range. The first block is Shopping Day show the snowman going shopping. The second block is The perfect pudding – I’dlike to think that was what the snowman was shopping for. The quilt was designed by Bronwyn Hayes from Red Brolly. Looks like I have some catching up to do…
Hasn’t time flown by so quickly and now we are in May. I have just finished the next part of the Welcome to the North Pole called The North Pole Bakery. I couldn’t find a pen to write the name so I decided to hand stitch it. I think it looks alright. I have used a combination of both applique and needle-turning to do this quilt. Since I got my Bias Making Machine, I decided that I would use it to make some of the parts of the house so I did bias work around the windows, door frame and the roof too. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep up and get this quilt finished before Christmas – bit of challenge though. I have already done three blocks which leaves twelve more to do….
I saw this quilt I thought it was so cute. I brought it as BOM from Angels in Gumboots and there BOM is done in applique. My plan it to do it in applique and maybe needle turn. When I open the book, well lets just say I was absolutely overwhelm. A lot of the pieces are very small so thus my decision to do it as an applique. I’ve just started one block and intend to complete the more easier ones first. Lucky, I don’t have to do fabric selection as that hard work has been done for me. Here are the fabric selections for The Marble House, Welcome, Reindeer Barn and the completed Block Star
Well I think it was about July when I first say this block in Homespun. I fell in love with it. So I commenced at working out my background fabric and brought my cottons and stabilizer backing. I traced the pattern every so carefully and started to stitch my first block. Then to find the other fabric need to complete this quilt – all that worked so well together. Each fortnight I waited for the next quilt – sometimes it didn’t come online when it should. Cut the block, trace the pattern and iron the stabilizer on commence stitching. In most cases I did have the blocks finished before the next one and there were some that I just cursed at with the thread not working my way. But in the end, it came together with the binding now completed – it is now finished. Thankyou very much Homespun and Natashia Curtin of Smee Designs for a wonderful quilt. The only thing now is to do my label….
Well it is finished – block number 5 in Christmas in Italy. When doing this one I didn’t line the pattern up correctly and had to retrace the pattern. I’m really starting to think it feels like an Italian village. Now to start and number 6 so I can get this one finished. Oh so little time and so many quilts……
Hello everyone I hope you had a happy Christmas and New Year. I spent it with my children. I have almost finished Long Time Ago In Bethleham, had a little problem with finishing Twas the night before Christmas and am slowly catching up with Christmas in Italy and Fernhill which only means I have to get my act together. I am hoping to have Long Time Ago In Bethleham finished over the weekend. I hope you and yours had a wonder time and I’ll catch up again.