Happy New Year and Merry Christmas

Hello everyone I hope you had a happy Christmas and New Year. I spent it with my children. I have almost finished Long Time Ago In Bethleham, had a little problem with finishing Twas the night before Christmas and am slowly catching up with Christmas in Italy and Fernhill which only means I have to get my act together. I am hoping to have Long Time Ago In Bethleham finished over the weekend. I hope you and yours had a wonder time and I’ll catch up again.

Advertisements

Rambling Vine

Slowly I can start to imagine this quilt come together.  I can picture the dell with rambling flowering vine in a spring while the bees float around collecting their pollen to make honey.  I can’t wait to join these blocks together.  I still have some other pieces to add to this quilt – the log cabin blocks and the stash edges.  Angela from Sew Bright Apline Quilt is still working on the suggestings for the other pieces of fabric for this quilt.  It shall be very interesting what she comes up with as what she has done this far is so great. 

Toadstools

Well the fourth month of Fernhill is now finished.  There were so many french knots – I don’t mind doing french knots but there must have been 100 in total to the blueberries.  I can’t wait for this quilt to be finished as I think it will really look like you are looking into the forest and seeing the animals and nature together. 

Third Block completed

Well I’ve know its been a little while since I have written, but I have been busy – unfortunately most as been with work  and arranging for some new home improvements (fencing to keep my puppy in and a brand new wood heater).  I also treated myself and went to see Barry Humphrey’s last show in Melbourne.  It was excellent possums.  While on the bus, I did find time to undertake a bit of quilting.  I took with me the fourth block in Fernhill – there are lots of french notes in it to give the appearance of berries.  I eventually was able to down load the next pattern in the Long time ago in Bethleham – it is called Megaphone Angel.  It was stiched very quickly but I found the metallic cottons a challenge to stitch with due to them fraying.  I found it better to use shorter lengths to do the pattern.  I also used pewter instead of silver and I feel it better highlighted the angel’s wings.  Oh well one more day at work and off for a few days.  Attending a sewing class where I will be making Jingle Berry.  I can’t wait.

Fernhill

When I heard about this quilt, I really wanted to create it.  The challenge was that it is a mystery quilt so I don’t know what I am doing next.  I love Lynette Anderson’s quilts, and after starting this one I brought another one which is called Christmas Fun (yes another christmas quilt).  I have only done 2 blocks at the moment, but isn’t that what happens with quilting – you start a project and interchange with another project.  Above is block 2 called Forest Floor – it has a squirel button to be put on it but  I haven’t add the buttons yet as I will add them when finished. And below is The Dell – this one has the a bird button to be placed on it